The Three Circle of Life

 

The Three Circle of Life

My whole life, I have been searching from answers to answers. I always ask myself, “What is the purposes of life?”, “Why did I come in this world?” “What is my fate?” it’s very hard to find the straight answer so I just keep looking and hope one day I can find out. From the outside world, I might be a great son, a great husband, however, from my inside world, I still feel that I am missing something. Something that can make me feel more alive.

Winter 2016, I sat in my Honda Civic and drove to nowhere and start thinking…It has been more than 5 years since I work as an accountant in this company. Everyday is the same date for me. I wake up, brush my teeth, drive to work, go back home, cooking, having dinner, watch some TV and go to sleep. Every week I received my salary then I paid for rent, car, food, utilities…by the end of the week, I only have a little saving left. I tried to accumulate my saving and annual leave until the end of year. Then I fly back to Vietnam and spend all of my saving, at that time I actually feel that I am alive. I still remember a sentence that I said to my friend “the amount that I laugh in one week in Vietnam is more than one year in Australia”. And that circle keeps repeat again and again, year by year. Sitting in the car, I was stuck in my own thought and don’t know how to escape that circle of life.

I look around my friends in Vietnam, most of them have their own business, own a lot of real estate investment. Whereas, I spend 10 years in Australia try to get Citizenship and sponsor my whole family to live here “well…yeah, I still got empty hands”. Don’t get me wrong, I am proud of what I have accomplished. However, there are apart of me that still feel missing something, something that I can’t explain, something that I am looking for answers.

Carrying questions without answer is like you are carrying a mystery box of happiness on your back and you have no key to open it. Everyday, I carry it on my shoulders for more than 5 years, then I start to feel grumpy, angry, depress, anxiety…until one day that I am so easily get wrath to my family members. When I realized that, I started to question myself. “Why did I behave like that? That’s not the person I think I am”. “why did I achieve a lot of things in life but I still don’t feel happy?”

I seek for answers from podcast, books, YouTube, google every day and finally I found my answers. I can’t remember exactly where did I learned that but it said “We don’t actually live in one circle of life that we all know. We actually live in three different circle of life”. Let me explain. For my whole life, all I did is study hard to get Australia citizen to sponsor my parents, working hard & save money to travel back to Vietnam to visit my parents, work hard again & save money again to pay for my kid a fulfilment life as much as I can. Everything that I did is all around one circle…FAMILY CIRLCE.

Well, that is just ONE CIRCLE, so what are these other two? that is the reasons that I always feel missing something. It is because I didn’t live the life in the other TWO CIRLES, so what are they? The SECOND CIRCLE is called SELF-CIRCLE. Beside doing a lot of things for family which is the most important things in life, you still have to “feed” your-self-life. It is all the activities that make you feel happy such as singing, playing guitar, drawing, play games whatever activities that make you feel you are you.

And the final CIRCLE of life is the SOCIAL CIRCLE, it is activities that contribute some kind of value to the sociality. For example, doing charity, at the moment I do volunteer to be a mentor to support new international students in Brisbane, posting an education video on YouTube also count. I remember a quote from Tony Robbins “What you get will never make you happy in the long term. Who you become and what you contribute will”.

 

And now, I am really happy because I have found out the answer that I was seeking for years. And remember you don’t only live one circle of life. you live THREE CIRCLES of life.

*** FAMILY CIRLE & SELF-CIRCLE & SOCIAL-CIRCLE ***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Career Change

***WHAT WE BELIEVE IS TRUE ***